OAKLAND, Calif., Feb. 2 (UPI) -- A 15-year-old California boy will be tried as an adult and represented by a public defender for allegedly strangling his adoptive parents to death.
Moses Alfredo Kamin postponed entering a plea in the double murder charges at an appearance in court Wednesday, the Oakland (Calif.) Tribune reported Thursday.
Kamin confessed to police he strangled his parents, Susan Poff, 50, and Robert Kamin, 55, Jan. 26, at their Oakland home, and then hid their bodies in the family car with the intent of setting the vehicle on fire, the San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News reported Jan. 31.
Authorities said there had been growing turmoil in the family's home after Moses Kamin was suspended twice from school. His fear of being punished for his latest suspension may have led to the killings, Officer Phong Tran told the Mercury News.
The couple adopted the boy in 2002.
|Additional U.S. News Stories|
LOS ANGELES, June 18 (UPI) --Danielle Bradbery was declared the Season 4 winner of the singing competition series "The Voice" in Los Angeles Tuesday night.
REYKJAVIK, Iceland, June 19 (UPI) --Iceland's new prime minister this week cited the country's mackerel fishing dispute with the European Union as a prime example of the value of sovereignty.