facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Man orders chicken, eats wire.

Jan. 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM   |   Comments

BROOKLYN, N.Y., Jan. 30 (UPI) -- A New York bus driver says he is suing a fast food chicken outlet, claiming he nearly choked on a two-inch coil of wire that was cooked into his food.

Lajzer Grynsztajn, 50, has filed suit seeking unspecified damages against JFK Fried Chicken in the Sunset Park area of Brooklyn claiming he needed emergency surgery to remove the wire that had lodged in his throat.

"The more I think about it, I get angry," he told the New York Daily News. "I almost died for something stupid like that?"

The 11-year Metropolitan Transportation Authority veteran said he stopped by the chicken place Jan. 9, sat down and ate a meal of two chicken breasts and fries, the New York Daily News reported Monday.

"I felt a sharp pain, like I was choking," Grynsztajn said. "I thought I was choking on a bone."

He left the restaurant, started coughing up blood and wound up at Lutheran Medical Center where a doctor discovered a wire so deeply down his throat, he had to be anesthetized before the doctor could take the wire out, court documents say.

The newspaper said a man who answered the phone at JFK Fried Chicken denied the bus driver's charges saying, "I think this guy is (expletive) us," before hanging up.

Grynsztajn says he has given up on takeout food.

"I don't eat out anymore," he said.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Man who spent 24 years in prison for arson murder freed
2
Jodi Arias granted delay in death penalty retrial
3
Heather Mack, mother, argued in lobby before suitcase murder
4
Kamala Harris to appeal court ruling against death penalty
5
Malaysia Airlines MH17 victims' bodies arrive in Kuala Lumpur
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback