MIAMI, Sept. 6 (UPI) -- Convicted media mogul Conrad Black was back behind bars Tuesday after surrendering to federal authorities in Miami, authorities said.
The 67-year-old Canadian-born businessman has another six to 13 months to serve for his obstruction of justice conviction. He previously had served about two years of his sentence but had been free while awaiting word on an appeal in Chicago.
The appeal was denied in June and Tuesday was the day he was ordered to surrender to authorities. He is incarcerated in a low-security facility near Miami.
Black maintains he is innocent and has a book coming out, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported.
Black was convicted of obstructing justice and fraud in 2007 in Chicago and was sentenced to 78 years in prison. The U.S. Supreme Court then threw out some of his convictions and he was given 42 months when re-sentenced in June, with credit for time served.
Black told the CBC recently he expects to serve less than eight more months.