Chilmark firefighters extinguished the fire, caused by a gas grill, early Tuesday in a matter of minutes, the Vineyard Gazette in Martha's Vineyard, Mass., reported.
The fire was contained in a wall of the main house near a porch that had the grill on it. Fire Chief David Norton said the fire was "very small, very contained, extinguished quickly."
Tom Wallace of Wallace and Co. Sotheby's Realty said he was pleased with the efficiency of the fire department.
"They were remarkable, surgical really, in how little damage they did in putting out the fire," Wallace said. "Makes you proud."
There were guests in the house as the time; however, no one was injured.
Obama and his family will be boarding at Blue Heron Farm for their annual summer vacation next week. Wallace said the wall damaged by the fire would be repaired within 24 hours.
Video of Victoria’s Secret models trying to 'twerk' hits Instagram
Wisconsin business offering 'therapeutic cuddling' forced to close