facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Casey Anthony conviction appealed

July 15, 2011 at 5:18 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
ORLANDO, Fla., July 15 (UPI) -- Casey Anthony Friday appealed her conviction for lying to Florida police in the disappearance and death of her 2-year-old daughter.

Anthony is scheduled to be freed Sunday. She was acquitted last week in the death of her daughter and sentenced to four years in prison and fined $4,000. It was a month from the time she last saw her daughter until her mother, Cindy, reported the toddler missing.

Anthony's lawyers Friday also sought to continue classifying Anthony as insolvent and unable to pay legal fees, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Meanwhile Friday, Judge Lisa Munyon ordered Casey Anthony to be deposed Oct. 8 in a defamation suit filed by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, the Sentinel reported.

Anthony told detectives in 2008 Caylee was kidnapped by a baby sitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. Police said no such nanny existed, and the Kissimmee woman later sued Anthony.

Anthony originally had been scheduled to be questioned under oath Tuesday at an Orlando law firm.

"My client is an innocent bystander whose life has been turned upside down. … We've been on the back burner for too long and we're about to get hot," said Keith Mitnik, attorney for Fernandez-Gonzalez.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback