Jeff Ellis of West Linn, Ore., said he was stung on the Alaska Airlines flight on June 17, KPTV, Portland, reported Thursday.
"Everybody I've talk to thinks it was incredible, unbelievable. I'm here to tell you, it was definitely there," Ellis said.
Ellis said was trying to sleep on the flight when he felt something in his sleeve, brushing it aside without looking while thinking a small bug might be on his arm.
"Then I felt it crawling on me again," he said. "I picked my hand up and said, 'Oh my God, that's a scorpion.'"
Ellis said his elbow started burning as if he'd been stung by a bee.
Two doctors on the flight examined him while the flight crew called for medics to meet the plane at the airport in Anchorage.
Alaska Airlines officials said the flight originated in Austin, Texas, where they said they believe the scorpion got on board.
"Never in a million years, would I have thought a scorpion would have been on an Alaska Airlines flight headed to Alaska," Ellis said.
Ellis, who said he's been offered 4,000 frequent flier miles and two round-trip tickets to wherever the airline flies, praised the flight crew and the airline for their handling of the situation.