The most recent incident occurred last week in Madison Heights, Mich., The Detroit News reported Tuesday. A 15-month-old boy became legally drunk from a sippy cup of what was supposed to be apple juice but turned out to be a margarita mix with alcohol in it.
Applebee's says it is changing its procedure for serving apple juice to children following the mix-up. In future, they will be given unopened single-serving drink boxes.
An Ohio man told the News his daughter, then 1 year old, was given booze instead of apple juice in December at an Applebee's in Hermitage, Pa. Chad Wuthrick said his wife tasted the juice after his daughter began gagging.
In 2007, a 2-year-old boy was given margarita mix instead of apple juice at an Applebee's in Antioch, Calif. In 2006, in New York, a 5-year-old was served Long Island iced tea, which is alcoholic.
Costly malfunction causes beer flood at Boston-area brewery
Megyn Kelly: Santa Claus and Jesus are both white men