LOS ANGELES, Nov. 4 (UPI) -- Investigators were trying to determine Thursday what sickened eight students at a Los Angeles middle school who apparently shared a drug-laced chocolate bar.
The students at George Washington Carver Middle School were taken to a hospital after a nurse determined their blood pressure was up and their hearts were beating fast, KNBC-TV, Los Angeles, reported. The students, ages 11-12, had complained of stomach aches.
First reports said the students had shared brownies. But authorities later said one student admitted buying a chocolate bar on the street and dividing it among his friends.
Last week, three children in Huntington Beach, Calif., were taken to a hospital after eating cookies with marijuana baked in.