facebook
twitter
search
search

Snake bites man at Florida resort

Oct. 6, 2010 at 11:12 AM

ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 6 (UPI) -- A Rhode Island man remained hospitalized in stable condition Wednesday after being bitten by a water moccasin at a Florida resort, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Eric Geisman, 45, of Pawtucket, R.I., was strolling near the pool at the J.W. Marriott Grande Lakes resort in Orlando Monday when he accidentally stepped on the poisonous snake, the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel reported.

He was taken by ambulance to the Dr. P. Phillips Hospital where he was placed in the intensive care unit.

"He's in a lot of pain," said Geisman's sister-in-law, Lyn Arruda. "We're not sure what to expect."

Arruda said Geisman was bitten on the left ankle and his left leg is still swollen.

Geisman and his wife were at the Marriott to attend a conference.

The general manager of the resort could not immediately be reached for comment, the Sentinel said.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
North Korea blasts arrival of U.S. submarine in South Korean port
U.S. lottery lowers portion of cash allocated to jackpot prize
South Korea rescues 5 North Korean sailors
F-16, Cessna planes collide midair in South Carolina, killing two
Colorado court to hear baker's appeal over gay wedding cake