facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Chicago man charged in three killings

May 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM   |   Comments

CHICAGO, May 30 (UPI) -- A Chicago man has been charged in the killings of three women, all strangled on the city's Far South Side, authorities said.

Michael Johnson, 24, was charged with three counts of murder, one count of attempted murder and one count of criminal sexual assault, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Sunday.

The three victims, all African-American, had a history of prostitution, the newspaper said.

The body of the first victim was found in November 2008 and the other two in January and March of this year.

On May 22, officers responding to a disturbance call near where the slayings took place were told by another woman that she had been choked -- allegedly by Johnson.

He was arrested and charged with simple battery, police said.

Because of the location of the arrest and the similarity to the strangulation slayings, officers obtained a DNA swab from Johnson, the Sun-Times reported.

DNA from the three victims was matched to the DNA profile of Johnson, a police report said.

© 2010 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback