account
search
search

Lawyers suggest another Caylee suspect

  |   Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:21 PM
| License Photo
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 20 (UPI) -- Casey Anthony's attorneys allege the man who found the remains of Anthony's daughter, Caylee, in Orange County, Fla., may be responsible for the child's death.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel said Thursday Anthony's attorneys are seeking permission to introduce past allegations against former Orange County meter reader Roy Kronk, who found Caylee's remains last December.

The request from the attorneys for Anthony, who is facing first-degree murder charges for the death of her 2-year-old daughter, was opposed by Kronk's lawyer, David Evans.

"In their zeal to defend Casey Anthony, defense counsel has filed papers with the court that are filled with allegations that have no basis in fact and falsely accuse Mr. Kronk of various types of bad behavior," Evans said in an e-mail.

Among the allegations that Anthony's defense team wants to introduce are allegations Kronk previously held women against their will and committed inappropriate behavior with girls.

The Sentinel said it could not verify the claims, adding that Kronk was previously cleared of wrongdoing in the Caylee disappearance and killing by law enforcement officials.

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback