Unknown militants launched a car-bomb attack on a military training facility, leaving as many as 11 people dead and more than 22 others injured. The government in Tripoli said it would spare no effort in tracking down the perpetrators, the Libyan Herald reported.
The U.N. Support Mission in Libya issued a statement Tuesday condemning the attack in Benghazi.
"The mission urges Libyans to rally around their national institutions in confronting these crimes and calls upon officials and all forces to intensify efforts to put an end to all that puts the security of the citizens at risk and hampers the building of the state," it said.
UNSMIL said last month it had "deep" concerns about continued violence in Libya, including assassinations and attacks on judicial and political leaders, polling centers and buildings housing government buildings.
Libya has struggled to maintain a level of national security since civil war ended in 2011 because of violent internal rivalries.
Members of the Libyan Parliament last week passed a vote of no confidence for Prime Minister Ali Zeidan.
2014: NFL Cheerleaders [PHOTOS]