The U.N. Assistance Mission in Libya condemned a Monday bombing near a hospital in Benghazi. The attack left at least nine people dead and more than a dozen others injured.
The U.N. Security Council issued a statement condemning the Monday attack "in the strongest terms." Those responsible should be held accountable to the rule of law, it said.
The attack followed a decision by the Libyan government to bar Gadhafi-era officials from political office. Gunmen had occupied several ministerial buildings to protest to Gadhafi legacy in post-war Libya.
"The U.K. will continue to support the Libyan people, Congress and government through this challenging time and continue to assist them as they seek to build a secure, stable and democratic country," he said in a statement.
The British government last week said it removed some non-essential staff from its embassy in Tripoli because of the security situation. The French Embassy in Tripoli was bombed last month and U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens died after the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was targeted by Libyan terrorists in September.
Workers accuse National Zoo of animal mismanagement
Video of Victoria’s Secret models trying to 'twerk' hits Instagram