Suleiman called on Lebanese Maj. Gen. Jean Kahwagi to submit a report to the Foreign Ministry about a Syrian airstrike Wednesday and previous breaches of national sovereignty, The Daily Star newspaper reports.
The Syrian government warned Lebanon last month it would respond to any cross-border action. Lebanon's borders have seen fighting between pro- and anti-Syrian elements. Last month marked the anniversary of the 2005 revolution that broke Syria's grip on Lebanese affairs.
The U.S. State Department this week issued a travel warning for Lebanon, stating there was a high risk to U.S. citizens there because of the threat from Syrian civil war.
State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said that if Lebanon were able to confirm the attacks this week, "it would represent the latest and most egregious violation of Lebanon's sovereignty."
Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati resigned last month amid internal squabbling over security officials. Nuland said the travel warning was "primarily a reflection of the violence that is spilling over from Syria" and not a reaction to Lebanese political developments.