Jamal Fakhro, deputy president of the upper house of Bahrain's National Assembly, told al-Jazeera that decision was a sign of the state of affairs in the country.
"This is good news for Bahrain," he said. "This shows we are in the process of managing our affairs."
The ruling Sunni minority imposed a state of emergency March 15 to quiet a Shiite uprising. Forces from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates entered the country after the March order under the auspices of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
The announcement followed charges filed against 14 opposition leaders for allegedly trying to overthrow the Sunni monarchy. The government last month outlawed two top Shiite political groups, including al-Wefaq, which had won 18 seats on the 40-member Parliament in 2009.
The Arab broadcaster said at least 30 people were killed since protests erupted in February. The state of emergency was scheduled to end June 15.
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]