People.com reported Saturday that Suleman, who had her octuplets in January, called paramedics to her home in La Habra, Calif., after Caleb, one of her six other children, became ill after accidentally consuming a mild chemical solution.
"I knew it would all get blown out of proportion if I called, but I didn't want to take any chances," Suleman said of Friday's incident. "I think I did the right thing. He's OK."
Caleb had consumed a solution from a toy volcano kit that belonged to his brother and soon the young boy began vomiting, People.com reported.
An estimated 40 emergency medical personnel reportedly responded to Suleman's call for aid and the boy and his mother were soon transported to a nearby medical center.
An unidentified friend of the family told People magazine staff at the hospital determined the chemical solution consumed by the child was primarily made up of salt water.
Ray Liotta sues skin care company over use of likeness
NBC reportedly holds celebs hostage to Jimmy Fallon's show