Dad bans Anthonys from Haleigh hunt

May 20, 2009 at 11:02 AM

ORLANDO, Fla., May 20 (UPI) -- The father of a missing Florida girl says he does not want any help from the parents of alleged child-killer Casey Anthony as he continues his search.

Ronald Cummings this week issued a public appeal for a renewed push to locate his 5-year-old daughter, Haleigh, but the law firm representing Cummings later amended the statement to ask George and Cindy Anthony to stay out of it, the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel said Wednesday.

Cummings and the Anthonys reside in the Orlando area and have found themselves in the spotlight of separate high-profile missing-child cases.

The Anthonys' daughter, Casey, is facing charges she murdered her own 2-year-old child, Caylee, last year and fabricated a story that she had been kidnapped. Haleigh Cummings vanished from the family's rural home in February.

Casey's parents have defended their daughter's innocence, which Cummings' attorneys chalked up as "their own agenda."

The Sentinel said the statement from Kimball and Snider Law Firm said the Anthony case was in no way similar to the Cummings case and that Ronald Cummings wanted to make it clear he wanted no involvement with the Anthony family.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
One arrested after Philadelphia college lockdown
Boehner delays House vote for new speaker
NASA releases thousands of Apollo mission photos on Flickr
Snowden: U.S. won't respond to offers to serve prison time
FDA approves new treatment for advanced lung cancer