ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Jan. 14 (UPI) -- Pakistani Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani says India has provided no evidence against the suspected organizers of November's Mumbai terrorist attacks.
Indian officials have given Pakistan "information" on those Pakistani nationals it believes responsible for the slayings, which Gilani told lawmakers Tuesday would be carefully examined, the newspaper Dawn reported in Islamabad.
"All that has been received from India is some information. I say information because these are not evidence," Gilani said in a policy statement in the National Assembly. He said the information received Jan. 5 from Indian officials had been sent to the ministry of the interior for investigation.
Gilani added that Pakistan would share with India results of its own investigation in due course of time, Dawn reported.
Indian, U.S. and British investigators believe the Mumbai terrorist attacks, which killed 173 and injured 300 Nov. 26-29, were carried out by Pakistani militants of the Lashkar-e-Toiba organization, based in the disputed region of Kashmir. Pakistan officials in December launched a "quiet crackdown" on the group, making several arrests, Dawn reported.