LONDON, Oct. 31 (UPI) -- A 23-year-old man in the British town of Redhill died from watching a pornographic film weeks after he underwent open-heart surgery, his mother says.
Clare Nicholls said her son, Chris, collapsed while watching the adult film in his bedroom and later died of cardiac arrest, The Sun reported Friday.
"Christopher was watching a blue movie when I found him," Nicholls said at an inquest into her son's death. "Later I told my husband, 'I know what's happened. It's got to be a rush of adrenaline because he's got excited.'"
Pathologist Dr. Mary Sheppard said during the recent inquest that watching the adult film could easily have brought about cardiac arrest.
"Any kind of excessive stress or excitement could have brought on serious erratic heartbeat," the doctor said. "So, yes, that could have been a factor."
The Sun said Chris had been born with a heart defect that required him to undergo two heart surgeries in his life, the most recent occurring in April after he suffered a heart attack.
|Additional Top News Stories|
WASHINGTON, June 18 (UPI) --General Motors said it would recall 231,000 model year 2006-07 vehicles due to a short in the driver's door that could spontaneously cause a fire.