LAS VEGAS, Sept. 10 (UPI) -- Juror selection for former football star O.J. Simpson's armed robbery trial in Las Vegas resumed for a third day Wednesday.
Attorneys for Simpson and co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart grilled prospective jurors Tuesday on their personal backgrounds and opinions about Simpson and his 1995 acquittal on double murder charges, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.
The newspaper said one juror was dismissed after admitting that her feelings about Simpson's infamous trial on charges that he killed ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman would affect her judgment in the current case.
"The first trial, I thought he got away with murder," said the woman, who was identified as office manager who has lived in Las Vegas for 41 years.
By the end of Tuesday, nine potential jurors had been accepted, bringing the two-day total to 12. Forty are needed to proceed.
Simpson and Stewart are facing 12 kidnapping, robbery and weapons charges stemming from an alleged raid of two sports memorabilia dealers' Las Vegas hotel room last year.