facebook
twitter
search
search

Mohamed al-Fayed: 'Enough is enough'

April 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM

LONDON, April 9 (UPI) -- Mohamed al-Fayed says he has decided to stop legal action in Britain over the death of his son and Princess Diana, adding "enough is enough."

Fayed said that he did not want to cause any further pain to Diana's sons, The Times of London reported.

"I'm leaving the rest for God to get my revenge," he said.

Fayed has argued that the 1997 crash in Paris that killed his son, Dodi, and the princess was engineered by British intelligence agents working for the royal family. But a French investigation and this week a British coroner's inquest blamed the crash on the driver, who also died in the crash, and photographers pursuing Diana.

Wednesday, the Metropolitan Police in Britain announced an investigation into the testimony during the inquest of Diana's butler, Paul Burrell. A police spokesman said that a complaint had been made about possible perjury.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Wisconsin's Walker in hot seat over open-records restrictions
Greek economy reaches low point on eve of referendum
9 injured when fireworks explode in crowd
Reddit moderators revolt after popular employee dismissed
Chinese stock markets continue declines