STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga., Jan. 22 (UPI) -- A maintenance worker at a Georgia elementary school was electrocuted Tuesday in front of a group of students.
The unidentified man was handling a routine maintenance call at Woodridge Elementary School in Stone Mountain when he received a fatal electrical shock while changing a light ballast in the school's media center, WSB-TV in Atlanta reported.
"He was working inside the school and one of the teachers was in there and school was going on as usual and he was working on the lights and he got shocked while school was going on so they all saw it happen," said custodian Kenneth Jackson.
Students were kept inside their classrooms while a teacher tried to resuscitate the man. He was later pronounced dead at DeKalb Medical Center, the station reported.