School custodian electrocuted

Jan. 22, 2008 at 9:45 PM

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga., Jan. 22 (UPI) -- A maintenance worker at a Georgia elementary school was electrocuted Tuesday in front of a group of students.

The unidentified man was handling a routine maintenance call at Woodridge Elementary School in Stone Mountain when he received a fatal electrical shock while changing a light ballast in the school's media center, WSB-TV in Atlanta reported.

"He was working inside the school and one of the teachers was in there and school was going on as usual and he was working on the lights and he got shocked while school was going on so they all saw it happen," said custodian Kenneth Jackson.

Students were kept inside their classrooms while a teacher tried to resuscitate the man. He was later pronounced dead at DeKalb Medical Center, the station reported.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy drops bid for speaker
WikiLeaks offering $50K for video of Afghan hospital bombing
Murdoch sorry for implying Obama's not a 'real black president'
Reid sues exercise companies over eye injury
Lumber Liquidators to pay $10M in DOJ settlement