No lawsuit likely in Foley e-mail scandal

Aug. 28, 2007 at 3:20 PM   |   Comments

WASHINGTON, Aug. 28 (UPI) -- A former U.S. Capitol page says he won’t file a lawsuit over the sexually explicit e-mails he received from former Rep. Mark Foley.

The 22-year-old man said through his lawyer that he was satisfied with the investigation against the former Florida Republican lawmaker, even though it reportedly will not lead to criminal charges.

Attorney Stephen Jones told TCPalm.com Tuesday that his client wished Foley well and would not second-guess the investigation.

Foley resigned from Congress last year after it was revealed that he had sent racy messages to teenage congressional pages.

© 2007 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback