facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Suspect: attacks will go on in Indonesia

June 25, 2007 at 11:42 AM   |   Comments

JAKARTA, June 25 (UPI) -- An accused terrorist in Indonesia told CNN Islamic militants plan more attacks against Westerners.

"We will continue fighting and we may use other methods," Abu Dujana, military head of Jemaah Islamiyah, the Indonesian group linked to the al-Qaida terror network, told CNN in a jailhouse interview in an undisclosed location.

Dujana and six other terror suspects were arrested last week in Indonesia, but Dujana implied their roles in Jemaah Islamiyah will be filled soon.

"When a part of it is cut off, (in this case) the head is cut off, there will be a replacement. It's only natural," he told CNN.

Abu Dujana has been accused of playing a part in the 2002 Bali nightclub bombing that killed more than 200 people and attacks on the Australian Embassy and a J.W. Marriott hotel, CNN reported. He told CNN he didn't become military chief until after the attacks and denied his group was involved.

Jemaah Islamiyah wants to impose full Islamic law in Indonesia.

© 2007 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended Stories
Most Popular
1
One cop issued 80 percent of the marijuana tickets in Seattle this year
2
Army receives first advanced CH-47F helicopter variant
3
Oklahoma shook by three earthquakes in less than 48 hours
4
Comic-Con cosplayer sexually assaulted, beaten and left in gutter
5
Utah man teaches 'homophones', fired for promoting gay agenda
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback