WASHINGTON, April 30 (UPI) -- The woman dubbed the D.C. Madam said Monday she's "genuinely sorry" for a customer who resigned his high-level job in the Bush administration.
Former Deputy Secretary of State Randall Tobias gave up his job last week after being asked about Deborah Jean Palfrey's high-priced escort service by ABC News. Tobias said he "had some gals come over to the condo for a massage" but there was no sex involved, ABC News said.
"I unfortunately know first-hand the impact such a revelation can have upon one's life," Deborah Jean Palfrey, 50, said Monday.
Palfrey, who is facing federal charges, denies her escort service offered sexual favors to her thousands of customers during the 13 years she ran Pamela Martin & Associates, MSNBC News reported.
Palfrey's alleged prostitution service allegedly involved scores of women who kept half of the fees and mailed the rest to her, authorities allege. No date had been set for her trial.
Two weeks ago, Palfrey alleged that Harlan K. Ullman of the Center for Strategic and International Studies also was a customer. Ullman responded that the allegation was "beneath the dignity of comment," ABC said.
|Additional Top News Stories|
OGDEN, Utah, June 17 (UPI) --Police have identified the victim of Sunday's shooting in a Roman Catholic church in Utah as James Evans; his son-in-law was charged with the crime.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, June 17 (UPI) --Despite massive spending on Western weapons, the Arab monarchies of the Persian Gulf are "unable to secure themselves from any external threat" -- meaning Iran – and are running up huge public and foreign debt, a gulf think tank says.