facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Ind. police looking into alleged hit list

May 19, 2005 at 1:42 PM   |   Comments

VALPARAISO, Ind., May 19 (UPI) -- Indiana authorities are investigating an alleged hit list found in the notebook of a student, the second similar incident in Porter County in two months.

The eighth-grade student at Ben Franklin Middle School was removed from the school after the list was found, the Gary (Ind.) Post-Tribune reported. The investigation has been turned over the Porter County Juvenile Probations Department, police Cpl. Mike Grennes told the newspaper.

A teacher allegedly found a list of seven students' names but no direct threats had been made against the students, Grennes said.

Last month police investigated a 14-year-old student from Boone Grove Middle School who allegedly posted a list of people he wanted to "kill" on his Web site.

The list was pulled after the boy's mother was told of it and no charges were filed, the Post-Tribune said.

Porter County is in northwestern Indiana.

Topics: Ben Franklin
© 2005 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
China questions Americanism in SATs
2
Dairy Queen hit by Backoff malware breach
3
Plague bomb data found on seized Islamic State laptop
4
St. Paul police arrest a black man for sitting on a bench waiting for his children
5
Elizabeth Warren defends Israeli airstrikes on schools and hospitals
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback