UPI en Español  |   UPI Asia  |   About UPI  |   My Account
Search:
Go

TBS to begin airing Final Four games

  |
 
Published: May 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM

NEW YORK, May 7 (UPI) -- The semifinals of the NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament, a staple on CBS since 1982, will be shown on TBS in 2014 and '15, the networks said Tuesday.

CBS Sports and Turner Sports reached an agreement in 2010 for broadcast rights for the tournament with games to be shown on four outlets -- CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV. Every game of the tournament in recent years was aired on one of those channels.

CBS had retained the high-profile Final Four games -- the semifinals on Saturday and the Monday night championships game -- but the arrangement will change beginning next year.

TBS will show the semifinal games in 2014 and '15 while CBS will show the finals those two seasons. After that either CBS or TBS will alternate showing the entire Final Four. TBS will also show two regional finals beginning in 2014. CBS previously had exclusive rights to that round of the tournament.

"From the beginning, our partnership with Turner Sports has exceeded every one of our expectations," CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus said in a statement.

"Today's news represents another win-win arrangement that continues to help us extend the reach of this marquee property by combining the resources of our two organizations. As we have done since 1982, CBS is pleased to showcase the national championship game in 2014 and 2015."

Topics: Sean McManus
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

Order reprints
Next Story: Father: Shane Larkin will declare for NBA draft
Join the conversation
Most Popular Collections
New York Fashion Week 2013 U.S. Open 2013 50th anniversary of the March on Washington
Celebrity families of 2013 MTV VMAs 2013 Style Awards
Additional College Basketball Stories
Video
1 of 18
Obama visits Sandwich Shot in Washington, D.C.
View Caption
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden order take-out lunch at Taylor Gourmet on Pennsylvania Avenue, in Washington, D.C. on October 4, 2013. The reason he gave was they are starving and the establishment is giving a 10 percent discount to furloughed government workers as an indication of how ordinary Americans are looking out for one another. UPI/Pete Marovich/Pool
fark
Fw: Fw: Fw: Fw: Spiteful Obama blocks off view of Mt. Rushmore
Why do Americans have such large refrigerators?
Home Alone 2: Las Vegas. Nine-year-old boy hops a plane from the Twin Cities to Sin City without...
Sex toy company offering free vibrators to furloughed government employees, which is probably the...
8 killed and 79 critically injured after a Monster Truck veered into a crowd in Mexico on SUNDAY...
Always bring a ping pong paddle along with you if you're going to a pineapple knife fight