TALLAHASSEE, Fla., Sept. 4 (UPI) -- Despite no charges being filed against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston after a fellow student accused him of rape in 2012, the school is proceeding with an investigation of its own.
School officials traveled to where the alleged victim lives last month. It's the first time the woman had been interviewed by the university since she reported the alleged assault almost two years ago.
John Clune, a Title XI attorney who is representing the woman, said "The interview went pretty well. I think it was a positive experience, and everyone felt like the university was taking it very seriously," he also added, "we expect that there will code of conduct charges that will be brought."
Clune also said two more people have been interviewed, but he does not know if Winston has been interviewed.
The Atlanta attorney who is advising Winston and his family, David Cornwall, said he expects this current investigation to have the same result as the one done in December 2013 by the state attorney without charges being filed.
"There is clearly a Title IX investigation commenced. There's no question, but it's not because the university did something wrong. It's not because these Colorado lawyers forced them to do something. It is because (the woman) refused to be interviewed previously and now she's willing to be. That's the only reason," he said.
Since Winston lead the FSU Seminoles to the national title, he hasn't stayed out of the spotlight. Earlier this year he was cited for shoplifting.