Webb won the ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open on Sunday. It was the fifth time she won her home country's women's golf championship.
It also gives her 40 LPGA championships, a mark reached by only 10 other players. They include Babe Zaharias, who is 10th on the all-time win list with 41 titles. Kathy Whitworth owns the record with 88 LPGA wins.
Webb goes from eighth to seventh in the rankings this week, switching places with Choi Na-yeon.
Paula Creamer, who tied for third at the Women's Australian Open, is up two places to 10th. I.K. Kim slips out of the Top 10 to No. 11.
Suzann Pettersen could have overtaken Inbee Park for the No. 1 ranking with a second-place finish last week but faded to an 80 Sunday, That closed out the chance of a switch at No. 1 for at least another week.
Park is the defending champion at this week's Honda LPGA Thailand tournament. Park, Pettersen and third-ranked Stacy Lewis are all expected to compete in the tournament in Chonburi this week.
The women's world golf rankings Top 10 listing player's name, home country and rankings points average:
1. Inbee Park, South Korea, 9.89
2. Suzann Pettersen, Norway, 9.53
3. Stacy Lewis, United States, 8.65
4. Lydia Ko, New Zealand, 7.60
5. Ryu So-yeon, South Korea, 6.09
6. Feng Shanshan, China, 5.77
7. Karrie Webb, Australia, 5.62
8. Choi Na-yeon, South Korea, 5.07
9. Lexi Thompson, United States, 4.54
10. Paula Creamer, United States, 4.20
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]