Garcia defeated Mikko Ilonen on the third sudden-death playoff hole Saturday in winning the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters. It was his 26th professional win and 11th on the European Tour. Seven of the titles overall (three on the European Tour) have come in playoffs. He also lost playoffs nine times.
The playoff at Qatar was on the par-5, 589-yard 18th hole. Counting the playoff, Garcia played the hole seven times last week, getting six birdies. The only par in the string was on the 72nd hole of regulation and allowed Ilonen to force the playoff.
Garcia moves from 11th to No. 9 in the world rankings as a result of the tournament win, with Steve Stricker dropping two places from ninth to 11th. Ilonen makes a jump from 91st to No. 62.
Scott Stallings won the PGA's Farmers Insurance Open with a 72nd-hole birdie that left five players tied for second one stroke back. Stallings leaps from 113th to No. 53 in the rankings after his third career PGA win.
The PGA Tour heads to Arizona this week for the Waste Management Phoenix Open while the European Tour remains in the Persian Gulf region for the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
The men's world golf rankings, listing player's name, home country and rankings points average:
1. Tiger Woods, United States, 10.83
2. Adam Scott, Australia, 8.93
3. Henrik Stenson, Sweden, 8.79
4. Phil Mickelson, United States, 7.03
5. Justin Rose, England, 6.78
6. Rory McIlroy, Northern Ireland, 6.38
7. Zach Johnson, United States, 6.33
8. Matt Kuchar, United States, 5.97
9. Sergio Garcia, Spain, 5.82
10. Jason Day, Australia, 5.41
Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]