facebook
twitter
search
search

Miami's Martin says he wants to return to football

Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM

MIAMI, Nov. 16 (UPI) -- Miami Dolphins lineman Jonathan Martin said he planned to discuss his return to the NFL after meeting with league investigators Friday.

Martin declined to provide details of his discussion with investigator Ted Wells about the circumstances surrounding his racially charged relationship with guard Richie Incognito.

"I do not intend to discuss this matter publicly at this time," Martin told reporters. "I do, however, look forward to speaking directly with [team owner] Stephen Ross, (CEO) Tom Garfinkel and the Dolphins organization at the appropriate time."

Martin said he wanted to discuss "resuming my career in the National Football League." But TMZ noted that it would likely require a team other than the Dolphins to sign him.

Sources told NFL.com that Wells would likely meet next week with Miami players, some of whom have sided with the veteran Incognito in the flap. Incognito earlier this week filed a union grievance over his suspension.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
FSU dismisses QB after video shows him hitting woman
Tennessee Titans QB Mariota remains unsigned
Chicago Blackhawks trade G Nilsson to Edmonton Oilers for F Coughlin
VIDEO: Florida State's Johnson punches woman in face
Crash mars Tour de France 3rd stage