account
search
search

Dolphins owner delays meeting with Jonathan Martin

  |   Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM
MIAMI, Nov. 12 (UPI) -- Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross will delay a meeting with lineman Jonathan Martin about his allegations he was bullied by a teammate, the team said Tuesday.

Ross had been scheduled to confer with Martin Wednesday but has put off the first face-to-face meeting between the two since the bullying accusations surfaced at the request of the NFL, which is conducting a probe of the incident, Dolphins President Tom Garfinkel said.

"Out of deference to the process, we will cooperate with their request," he said. "We look forward to meeting with Jonathan as soon as possible."

Garfinkel said the request came from the NFL and New York attorney Ted Wells, who was named last week to lead an independent probe of workplace misconduct in the Dolphins organization.

Ross issued a statement Monday saying he would discuss Martin's allegations he was harassed by teammate Richie Incognito.

Incognito was suspended indefinitely Nov. 3 as the NFL investigates the situation. Martin left the team Oct. 31.

"We still don't have a full picture of the facts," Ross said. "However, I want to be clear, that I and the Miami Dolphin organization are committed to getting to the bottom of this issue and making any necessary changes to improve our organization."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback