facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Dolphins suspend Incognito over abuse, bullying allegations

Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
MIAMI, Nov. 4 (UPI) -- Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito has been suspended as the team looks into allegations of bullying and abuse made by another player, officials say.

In a statement, the team said Incognito had been suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team," The Miami Herald reported Monday.

Jonathan Martin, who has been away for a week, made the allegations, which the Dolphins said they had asked the National Football League to investigate.

Nate Garner was promoted to start left guard as the team prepares for next week's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Should Martin not return, Tyson Clabo will take his place at right tackle.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Ray Rice could return to the NFL within a month Ray Rice could return to the NFL within a month
2
Lorde's song 'Royals' banned by San Francisco radio until World Series Lorde's song 'Royals' banned by San Francisco radio until World Series
3
Seattle news station uses photo of NBA star for Peyton Manning Seattle news station uses photo of NBA star for Peyton Manning
4
UPI horse racing roundup UPI horse racing roundup
5
Peyton Manning breaks record for most touchdown passes Peyton Manning breaks record for most touchdown passes
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback