Stenson had a final-round 5-under-par 66 Monday in winning the tournament by two strokes over Steve Stricker. It was Stenson's 14th professional tournament title but first on the PGA Tour since May 2009.
He opened the year ranked 53rd but has finished in the Top 10 in the seven of his 16 tournaments. While Monday's win was his first in nearly 4 1/2 years, he ended up second in three events, including a British Open, and was third at the PGA Championship in 2013.
Stricker also moves up four places this week, getting back into the Top 10 at No. 10.
Only the first three in the rankings -- Tiger Woods, Adam Scott and Phil Mickelson -- are unchanged from last week. Justin Rose passes Rory McIlroy -- the 2012 year-end No. 1 -- for fourth place and puts McIlroy in fifth.
Gregory Bourdy closed with three birdies to come from behind Sunday and win the European Tour's ISPS Handa Wales Open. He improves to 118th in the world rankings. He was 173rd a week ago.
The men's world golf rankings Top 10, listing player's name, home country and ranking points average:
1. Tiger Woods, United States, 14.1823
2. Adam Scott, Australia, 9.3603
3. Phil Mickelson, United States, 8.5906
4. Justin Rose, England, 7.8804
5. Rory McIlroy, Northern Ireland, 7.8734
6. Henrik Stenson, Sweden, 7.1504
7. Matt Kuchar, United States, 6.8028
8. Brandt Snedeker, United States, 6.2588
9. Jason Dufner, United States, 6.1135
10. Steve Stricker, United States, 5.9519