Reed defeated Jordan Spieth on the second hole of a playoff Sunday for the title at the Wyndham Championship in North Carolina. Reed, 23, turned professional in 2011 and had his first Top 10 finish this year at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. Sunday marked his third consecutive Top 10 finish.
He leaps from 169th to No. 64 in the rankings as of Monday.
Spieth, who notched his first PGA title in mid-July, improves his ranking position 18th places this week to 36th. He started the year in the No. 809 spot and had moved to 120th before winning the John Deere Classic about a month ago.
There were no changes in the Top 10 this week. The highest shift in the rankings saw Ian Poulter go from 17th to No. 15.
The PGA turns to its playoffs with The Barclays set for this week in New Jersey. The European PGA Tour ends a three-week break with the Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles in Scotland.
The men's world golf Top 10 with player's name, home country and rankings points average:
1. Tiger Woods, United States, 13.87
2. Phil Mickelson, United States, 8.61
3. Rory McIlroy, Northern Ireland, 8.44
4. Adam Scott, Australia, 7.93
5. Justin Rose, England, 7.44
6. Matt Kuchar, United States, 6.71
7. Brandt Snedeker, United States, 6.42
8. Jason Dufner, United States, 6.02
9. Graeme McDowell, Northern Ireland, 5.94
10. Henrik Stenson, Sweden, 5.78