facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Jose Canseco investigation closed with no charges sought

June 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM   |   Comments

LAS VEGAS, June 9 (UPI) -- Las Vegas police said they closed the books on former Major League Baseball slugger Jose Canseco's alleged role in a sexual assault.

Metro Police spokesman Officer Jose Hernandez said late last week Canseco had taken a polygraph test and detectives would not be seeking charges against him.

"Based on the investigation and a review of the case itself, the case has been closed," Hernandez said.

Canseco had been named a suspect in the case last month, but he vigorously denied any guilt.

The Las Vegas Sun said Canseco tweeted Friday he had passed the polygraph and was willing to sell the results and the "true detailed story of what happened that night."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Seattle news station uses photo of NBA star for Peyton Manning Seattle news station uses photo of NBA star for Peyton Manning
2
Peyton Manning breaks record for most touchdown passes Peyton Manning breaks record for most touchdown passes
3
NBA Game Summary - Milwaukee at New York
4
NBA Game Summary - Memphis at Dallas
5
2013-14 college football bowl results 2013-14 college football bowl results
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback