facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Jose Canseco investigation closed with no charges sought

June 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM   |   Comments

LAS VEGAS, June 9 (UPI) -- Las Vegas police said they closed the books on former Major League Baseball slugger Jose Canseco's alleged role in a sexual assault.

Metro Police spokesman Officer Jose Hernandez said late last week Canseco had taken a polygraph test and detectives would not be seeking charges against him.

"Based on the investigation and a review of the case itself, the case has been closed," Hernandez said.

Canseco had been named a suspect in the case last month, but he vigorously denied any guilt.

The Las Vegas Sun said Canseco tweeted Friday he had passed the polygraph and was willing to sell the results and the "true detailed story of what happened that night."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Jon Bon Jovi cut from group bidding for the Buffalo Bills
2
Rams rookie got a face tattoo to intentionally keep himself from working anywhere but the NFL
3
Michael Sam could join Dallas Cowboys practice squad: Report
4
Denver Broncos' Wes Welker facing four game suspension
5
Serena, Venus fall in U.S. Open doubles QFs
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback