facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Jose Canseco investigation closed with no charges sought

June 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM   |   Comments

LAS VEGAS, June 9 (UPI) -- Las Vegas police said they closed the books on former Major League Baseball slugger Jose Canseco's alleged role in a sexual assault.

Metro Police spokesman Officer Jose Hernandez said late last week Canseco had taken a polygraph test and detectives would not be seeking charges against him.

"Based on the investigation and a review of the case itself, the case has been closed," Hernandez said.

Canseco had been named a suspect in the case last month, but he vigorously denied any guilt.

The Las Vegas Sun said Canseco tweeted Friday he had passed the polygraph and was willing to sell the results and the "true detailed story of what happened that night."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Adrian Peterson facing more child abuse allegations after details about 2013 incident come out Adrian Peterson facing more child abuse allegations after details about 2013 incident come out
2
Adrian Peterson reinstated, expected to lineup for Vikings on Sunday against Saints Adrian Peterson reinstated, expected to lineup for Vikings on Sunday against Saints
3
Cubs' Rizzo hits walk-off HR in return
4
O's top Blue Jays; magic number is 1
5
2013-14 college football bowl results 2013-14 college football bowl results
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback