facebook
twitter
search
search

NHL talks to resume Wednesday

Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM

NEW YORK, Dec. 11 (UPI) -- A day after wiping out two more weeks of games amidst their three-month lockout of players, NHL officials said contract talks will resume Wednesday.

The location of the talks is a secret, but National Hockey League Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said they won't take place in New York City, NHL.com reported.

Daly said federal mediators will be on hand in an attempt to help the two sides break out of their stalemate.

The last meeting between the NHL and NHL Players Association representatives, held Nov. 28-29 in New York with mediators on hand, ended in failure. More negotiations last week brought some progress, participants said afterward, but no deal on a new collective bargaining agreement.

Since the lockout began Sept. 16, games have been canceled through Dec. 30, along with the Winter Classic game and the 2013 All-Star Game.

Related UPI Stories
Topics: Bill Daly
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Eric Hosmer, Kansas City Royals continue to have a blast
Golden State Warriors' Steve Kerr having back surgery
Chicago White Sox continue surge with win vs. Boston Red Sox
Andres Blanco's double keeps Philadelphia Phillies rolling
New York Mets' Noah Syndergaard shuts down San Diego Padres