NEW YORK, Dec. 11 (UPI) -- A day after wiping out two more weeks of games amidst their three-month lockout of players, NHL officials said contract talks will resume Wednesday.
The location of the talks is a secret, but National Hockey League Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said they won't take place in New York City, NHL.com reported.
Daly said federal mediators will be on hand in an attempt to help the two sides break out of their stalemate.
The last meeting between the NHL and NHL Players Association representatives, held Nov. 28-29 in New York with mediators on hand, ended in failure. More negotiations last week brought some progress, participants said afterward, but no deal on a new collective bargaining agreement.
Since the lockout began Sept. 16, games have been canceled through Dec. 30, along with the Winter Classic game and the 2013 All-Star Game.