NBA suspends Clippers' Barnes for opener

Oct. 31, 2012 at 3:38 PM
| License Photo

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 31 (UPI) -- Forward Matt Barnes will sit out the Los Angeles Clippers' season opener Wednesday night for his run-in with police this past summer, the NBA says.

The NBA suspended Barnes for one game Tuesday after he pleaded no contest in California state court last month to misdemeanor resisting, delaying or obstructing an officer in the discharge of his duties. The Los Angeles Times said the 32-year-old forward was arrested in Manhattan Beach in July after an officer approached him about an outstanding warrant for a misdemeanor traffic violation.

The Clippers, who also will be without Grant Hill (knee), Chauncey Billups (Achilles) and Trey Thompkins (knee), open at home against Memphis.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending News
Steve Kerr takes leave from Golden State Warriors for back rehab
Hall of Famer Warren Sapp avoids jail in plea deal
Report: Miami Marlins interview Bo Porter for manager's job
Chicago Bears: Jay Cutler practices, might return in Week 4 from hamstring injury