NASHVILLE, Sept. 26 (UPI) -- Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt will miss the rest of the season after tearing knee ligaments, head Coach Mike Munchak confirmed Monday.
Munchak said Britt, the AFC's leading receiver this season with 271 yards on 18 grabs, had torn the ACL and MCL ligaments in his right knee and will undergo surgery.
Britt sustained the injury while catching a pass along the right sideline in Sunday's 17-14 win over the Denver Broncos. He appeared to twist his knee as he cut upfield, fumbling the ball.
The receiver has had seven run-ins with the law since 2009.
He pleaded not guilty in July in New Jersey to three disorderly persons offenses stemming from a June incident in Hoboken when he was arrested by plainclothes narcotics officers who claimed Britt crushed a marijuana cigar in his hands to conceal it from investigators.
He pleaded guilty to speeding in June after felony charges were dropped following a police chase in his hometown of Bayonne, N.J.
Reports: NBA negotiations to resume
NEW YORK, Sept. 26 (UPI) -- Negotiators for NBA team owners and locked-out players were preparing Monday to resume collective bargaining talks in New York, multiple reports indicated.
National Basketball Players Association Executive Director Billy Hunter will stay in New York to attend a Tuesday negotiating session rather than fly to Miami as originally scheduled, CBS Sports reported, citing "a person with knowledge of the meeting."
Another session is possible Wednesday, CBS said.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel also reported Hunter would skip the Miami meeting, which had been scheduled as part of a series of regional information sessions for locked-out players.
A previous round of talks broke off early last week amid few signs of progress toward a new labor deal.
Sources told CBS the owners are seeking to decrease the players' share of the league's $4 billion revenue pie from 57 percent to 46 percent.
Guillen: Chisox job status uncertain
Guillen told reporters he's seeking a deal longer than one year at a salary considerably higher than the $2 million he's scheduled to receive next year, and that he wants his coaching staff to return, the Chicago Tribune reported.
But, he indicated, he didn't get an answer from Reinsdorf during the meeting.
"I can't go there and say, 'man, give me $2 million,' and he says 'here it is, kid, go to the ATM machine and get it,'" Guillen said. "That's a process.
"Believe me, it's not easy for me and him to have that type of conversation. It's very painful, but this is a business and I want to know what's my stance."
The Tribune, citing "two scouting sources," reported the Florida Marlins are prepared to offer Guillen a 4-year deal at considerably more money than he currently makes.
Marlins Manager Jack McKeon announced his retirement Monday.
Kill hospitalized again for seizures
MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 26 (UPI) -- There was no time frame Monday for when seizure-plagued Minnesota Gophers football Coach Jerry Kill would be released from the hospital, his boss said.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported Minnesota Athletics Director Joel Maturi said Kill, 50, was in stable condition at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., where he admitted himself Sunday after the latest in a series of seizures that began at the Sept. 10 home game against New Mexico State.
"The guy's got some health issues that we're going to take care of," Maturi said. "I'm more concerned about Jerry right now than I am any other aspect."
In a statement Sunday, Kill said the seizures "continue to be a concern for me and my family."
"Rebecca [his wife] and I have made the decision to do what it takes to find a solution," said Kill, who has dealt with the ailment for several years and also has overcome cancer in the past. "I hope to be back to work soon, but we believe that taking some time away to get a handle on this is the right thing to do."
The first-year Gophers coach had returned to practice Sept. 15 after being released from the hospital and coached against Miami of Ohio and in Saturday's home loss to North Dakota State. His status remained uncertain for the Big Ten opener Saturday at Michigan.
Dr. Thaddeus Walczak, a neurologist for the Minnesota Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, said surgery is possible for a seizure patient not responding to medication.
If a seizure is caused by severe problems such as a brain tumor, stroke, abnormal blood vessels or meningitis, that usually shows up in an evaluation, Walczak said.
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]