Ohio State QB Pryor not returning

June 7, 2011 at 7:18 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio, June 7 (UPI) -- Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor will forgo his senior year and will not return to the school, his attorney said Tuesday.

Pryor's lawyer confirmed to The Columbus Dispatch the embattled signal caller's career as a Buckeye is over after being involved in a scandal that resulted in the resignation of Coach Jim Tressel.

The NCAA determined Pryor, 21, and four other Buckeyes had received improper benefits in 2009 and so were suspended for the first five games of 2011 season.

Tressel resigned last month after being accused of knowing Pryor and the others were receiving the benefits but not reporting them.

Pryor saw his once-dynamic collegiate career flame out with the scandal. He led OSU to a 31-4 record overall in his three years as a starter, amassing 6,177 passing yards with 57 touchdowns and 26 interceptions.

He also rushed for 2,164 yards with 17 more scores.

It's unclear whether Pryor will be available for the upcoming NFL supplemental draft, the Dispatch said.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending News
Seattle Seahawks hold off Detroit Lions for controversial win
Oakland Athletics promote Billy Beane, name David Forst GM
Apology saves Rory McIlroy $20K
Falcons hope to get injured RB Coleman back this week