NEW YORK, Aug. 6 (UPI) -- A Boston Red Sox fan who was beaten at Yankee Stadium has filed a federal lawsuit naming the New York team, its security firm and his two assailants.
Charles Hillios of Chicopee, Mass., told the New York Post that he suffered long-term injuries from the assault last year, although he is "doing better." He said he is about to have a second eye operation.
Shawn Sellick and Daniel Benjamin, both of New York, were arrested after the attack on Aug. 29, 2007, and later pleaded guilty to assault.
Michael O'Neill, Hillios's lawyer, said that his client's troubles began when he cheered a Red Sox home run. Sellick and Benjamin allegedly began jeering at him, becoming so vociferous that a security guard told them they would be thrown out of the stadium if they kept it up.
Hillios was attacked during a trip to a food stand.
The Red Sox went on to win the 2007 World Series.
Sellick and the Yankees told the Post they could not comment on the suit. Burns International Security Services did not return the newspaper's call.