account
search
search

Three Taylor shooting suspects denied bond

  |   Dec. 4, 2007 at 7:10 PM
MIAMI, Dec. 4 (UPI) -- Bail was denied in Miami Tuesday for three of four suspects in last week's shooting death of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor.

Miami Circuit Judge John Thornton said there was probable cause to believe all three had committed felony murder and armed burglary in Taylor's killing at his Miami-area home, The Washington Post reported.

Attorneys told the Naples (Fla.) Daily News the three also were under suicide watch although one said the move was designed more to protect the suspects from other inmates than themselves.

The three suspects each wore special ''suicide suits'' issued by the jail to emotionally distraught inmates, The Miami Herald reported. The newspaper said the suits are held together by Velcro and can't be used to commit suicide.

The fourth suspect, 17-year-old Eric Rivera, was still being held as a juvenile in Fort Myers Tuesday, but was expected to be transferred to Miami soon, the reports said.

A state attorney's spokesman said the four could appear before a grand jury as soon as Wednesday.

Taylor, 24, died of massive blood loss last Tuesday after being shot in the upper leg in what investigators suspect was a bungled burglary attempt.

He was buried Monday.

© 2007 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback