An electrical fire destroyed about a third of the house in Tampa's Culbreath Bayou neighborhood.
"On the way to the training room, they pulled me into the coaches' room and let me know," Boyle said at Wednesday's practice.
"I rolled the windows down and it was hot and you could smell it three blocks away."
Investigators have not completed their report but told Boyle the fire started in an electrical outlet in what he described as a game room.
"It's a tough situation," he said. "I lost a lot of my belongings, my clothes are all gone."
Justin Bieber crashes Drake Bell's album release party
Rosie O'Donnell unveils nearly 50-pound weight loss