The chargers, which came with the notebooks, can overheat and melt, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.
The model number is MU15-N1052-A00S.
They chargers, sold nationwide from October 2013 through November 2013, were included with the notebooks, which retail for about $230.
The CPSC said Google has received nine reports of chargers overheating and melting during use. There is one report of a small burn to a consumer and one report of minor property damage to a pillow from an overheating charger.
Consumers are advised to stop using the chargers and contact Google for a free replacement.
The CPSC said the chargers were imported from China by Google and distributed by Hewlett-Packard
Consumers can call 866-628-1371 for information.
Lytro unveils camera that can focus a photo after shooting it
Yosemite climber falls 30 feet, suffers major injuries