Official Government Wires
humanitarian news and analysis
a service of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Table of contents
1. AID POLICY: Seeing where the money goes
2. AID POLICY: Accountability - what's in a word?
3. AID POLICY: Accountability in Islam
4. AID POLICY: Sexual exploitation and abuse 10 years on
5. AID POLICY: Stepping up to prevention
6. AID POLICY: Accountability in action
7. SWAZILAND: Traditional leaders get involved in HIV treatment campaign
8. How To: Put accountability into practice
9. FOOD: More milk and meat at a price
AID POLICY: Seeing where the money goes
LONDON, 4 July 2012 (IRIN) - Commuters on the London Underground may
have looked up from their newspapers recently and found themselves
looking into the dark, wistful eyes of an African or Asian child. For
just 50 pence - well under a dollar - a day, the child sponsorship
advertisements promise, you can change this child's life, and you can
do it today, right now, just by sending a text message.
Read report online
AID POLICY: Accountability - what's in a word?
DUBAI, 4 July 2012 (IRIN) - The concept of "accountability", like much
humanitarian vocabulary, can be complex and elusive. Some
organizations, like M
UPI distributes certain third party submissions from official government news agencies, such as this article. Since UPI does not control the material included in these submissions, UPI does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of the material in such submissions, and UPI does not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed therein.