New Year's Eve fire sets more than 300 portable toilets ablaze in Texas

Fireworks may have caused the inferno.
By Evan Bleier   |   Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM   |   0 comments

Jan. 2 (UPI) -- In about the stinkiest possible way to start the New Year, more than 300 portable toilets went up in flames outside San Antonio in a fire that started at about 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday night.

The blaze, which may have been caused by fireworks, happened at United Site Services.

According to United's website, it is the largest provider of portable toilets and restroom trailers in the U.S. with 52 locations across the country.

Bexar County spokeswoman Monica Ramos said the toilet fire is still under investigation.

The Converse and Kirby Fire Departments worked together to flush out the flames.


[KENS 5]
[KHOU]

© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback