facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Trooper who released bombing suspect photos will run Boston Marathon

“My life has changed ever since, for better or worse," trooper says.
By Evan Bleier   |   Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM   |   Comments

Dec. 5 (UPI) -- The former Massachusetts State Police Sergeant who released photos of the capture of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev earlier this year found out on Wednesday that he will be running the Boston Marathon in 2014.

Sgt. Sean Murphy submitted an essay to the Boston Athletic Association in the hopes of winning one of the slots that the BAA set aside for people who were impacted by the bombings.


After Murphy released photos showing a bloodied Tsarnaev surrendering in a backyard in Watertown, Mass., he was put on a desk job. He retired from the State Police soon after. Murphy claims he released the photos in responses to the controversial Rolling Stone cover showing Tsarnaev.


His release of the photos was supported by many. “There must be a hundred letters and cards,” Murphy said. “My life has changed ever since, for better or worse.”

Here’s some background on Murphy’s story:


[CBS Boston]

Follow @itishowitis and @UPI on Twitter.
Contact the Author
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Zig-zagging lane lines confuse commuters along I-66 in Virginia
2
Watch seemingly naked couples tase each other in slow motion for art
3
Arby's Meat Mountain is here, and it is enormous
4
Brazilian man wakes up in body bag after being declared dead, credits miracle
5
Man fakes his own kidnapping to have a Friday night without his girlfriend
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback